Steps to set up a PayPal account
This requires some patience, but you can start with an email and a credit/debit card or checking account.
Suggestion: have all of your numbers and passwords you want to create ready before you try to sign up.
- Navigate to PayPal.com
- Select the Personal option even if you signing up with your group’s checking account and click the “Continue” link
- Enter your email address and create a password – be sure to save this someplace safe then click the “Continue” link
- Enter the code shown on the page then click the “Continue” link
- Enter your name, address, phone number & check that you have read the legal agreements, then click the “Agree and Create Account” link. Make sure your city corresponds properly with your zip code.
- Once your account is created, PayPal asks for either a credit/debit card or checking account. A card lets you start using PayPal immediately, but for a typical credit card fee. Linking a checking account makes it free.
- PayPal also asks for a credit/debit card for backup in order to send money
- Finally, PayPal asks you to join PayPal Credit, but you do not have to do this in order to complete account setup.
Once you have your PayPal account fully set up, visit our contributions page to learn how to send in your contribution for FREE!
Always remember to include your group number in the notes area, or “personal” if it’s from you.
Any questions? Please contact the treasurer here.